Top 10 School Holiday Activities For Kids
If you’re stuck for ideas on how to keep the kids entertained over the school holidays, here’s our list of Glenworth Valley’s Top 10 school holiday experiences for some great family funspiration:
- Younger children will love a lead pony ride (ages 3-10)
- Take a leisurely guided horse trail ride through Glenworth Valley’s beautiful scenery (ages 7+)
- Feel the wind in your hair as you zip along bush trails and purpose-built circuit on our quad biking adventure (ages 12+)
- Get the adrenalin charging with an awesome abseiling adventure (ages 7+)
- Battle it out with a round of outdoor laser skirmish (ages 7+)
- Take a kayaking tour of Popran Creek (ages 7+) or hire a kayak to paddle at your own leisure
- Kids will love our kids half/full-day horse riding & Adventure Max camps (selected dates, ages 5-17)
- Relax with a family picnic and paddle in Popran Creek
- Switch off with an overnight camping adventure & toast marshmallows on the campfire
- Marvel at Glenworth Valley’s iconic Running of the Horses every afternoon
So there you have it, no excuses for boredom these school holidays! We’re open every day of the school holidays for family fun (closed Christmas & New Years Day’s only). Remember to book online in advance to avoid disappointment.
Kids School Holiday Camps
We are open every day of the October school holidays and our popular kids school holiday camps are back once again with places filling quickly. Our camps are a great way to keep the kids entertained, learning new skills and making friends under the supervision of our experienced instructors.
Horse Riding Camps (ages 5-17 years)
Our Horse Riding Camps offer children aged 5-17 years the opportunity to see what it is like to own their own horse and learn essential horse riding skills.
For those with limited riding experience, our Junior Beginner horse riding camp is specifically for children aged 5-7 years. This camp is run over a morning or afternoon and is a great introduction to horse riding under the full supervision of our qualified and friendly instructors. Our Junior Beginner students will learn the basics of how to lead, brush, mount, walk and trot.
There are also a variety of horse riding camps suitable for more experienced riders available, including our new 3 day overnight horse riding camp.
Adventure Max Camp (ages 7-17 years)
The Adventure Max Camp is an action packed full day camp for children aged 7-17 years including a horse ride (or quad bike ride for over 12 years of age), kayaking and laser skirmish. The Adventure Max Camp is great value at just $140pp (a massive saving of $205 off the usual price if activities booked separately).
Our school holiday camps are always popular and places are limited so be sure to enrol early. Click here for more information on our kids school holiday camps or to enrol.