2.5 Hour Eco-Kayak Tour
Our popular Eco-Kayak tour is a gentle 2.5 hour guided paddle along Popran Creek to explore Glenworth Valley’s natural environment and birdlife and to learn about the Valley’s rich history.
- To ensure the health & safety of our guests and staff, social distancing and additional hygiene & sanitation measures are in place for all tours.
Eco Kayak Adventure
- 2.5 hour kayak adventure
- Departs daily at 10am and 2pm
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Minimum numbers required
- Tour includes experienced guides and personal floatation device (PFD)
Why you’ll love our kayaking tours
- You’ll spend a fabulous day paddling amongst peaceful surrounds and relaxing together with friends and family
- Relax as you’re in safe hands with our experienced kayaking guides
This tour commences at Glenworth Valley and winds along Popran Creek, the purest tributary to the Hawkesbury River. Spot sea eagles, herons, cormorants, wood ducks and swamp hens along your journey as you cruise past the mangroves that provide a habitat for many species of mammals, birds and fish.
Your tour guide will point out a number of Glenworth Valley’s historical artefacts along the way such as a stone fence built by convicts and remnants of a major logging operation on the property from the late 1880s. You’ll also learn about famous local poet Henry Kendall, who spent time at Glenworth Valley.
This tour is approximately a 5km return paddle. This tour is suitable for everyone from beginners to experienced paddles or for those just looking for a relaxing day on the water. We paddle at a leisurely pace to take the time to enjoy our surroundings.
Glenworth Valley Outdoor Adventures’ kayaking tours are operated via our sister company, Ocean Planet Kayak Tours. Ocean Planet Kayak Tours has been offering guided kayaking experiences for over 12 years from our base at Glenworth Valley on the banks of Popran Creek.
Kayaking is a popular team building activity and we specialise in kayaking adventures for corporate groups. We also cater to social and community groups and offer outdoor education programs for school groups.
Or if you have another kayaking destination in mind for your group we are also able to offer kayaking trips from other locations on the Central Coast and Sydney Harbour and can tailor a kayaking tour to meet your needs.
We paddle at a leisurely pace on our tours to take the time to enjoy our surroundings
- The minimum age for the Eco-Kayak tour is 7 years of age.
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied in a double kayak by an adult.
- Please note that a minimum of 4 participants is required for this tour to proceed.
- However if your group size is fewer than 4 participants we are normally able to operate by combining a number of smaller groups into the tour.
What to wear and bring
- Wear appropriate sun smart clothing such as lightweight trousers or shorts, a long sleeved shirt and hat. Clothing that is lightweight and dries quickly is recommended.
- In the cooler months wear a warm layer and trousers (not jeans).
- We recommend wearing old shoes such as joggers, wet booties, reef sandals or shoes that cannot easily come off and can get wet.
- If there is the possibility of rain, please bring your wet weather gear. Disposable raincoats are available for purchase.
- Don’t forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, a water bottle, towel and a change of clothes for afterwards.
Glenworth Valley Terms & Conditions
Book 2 activities and save!
Make the most of your visit to Glenworth Valley and enjoy another of our activities for the ultimate day of adventure. There’s quad biking, kayaking, abseiling and laser skirmish. Book two or more activities together and you’ll save off the regular price. Enjoy one activity in the morning and one in the afternoon or one activity each day.
Minimum ages, weight and participant numbers apply to all package bookings.
- 2.5 hour kayaking tour & 2 hour horse ride tour
- 2.5 hour kayaking tour & 1.5 hour quad bike tour
- 2.5 hour kayaking tour & 2.5 hour abseiling tour
- 2.5 hour kayaking tour & up to 3 hour laser skirmish adventure
- $142.50 p/adult
- $129.00 p/child
After your horse riding experience, extend your stay and enjoy a night under the stars by the campfire together with your family and friends. Glenworth Valley offers 200 acres of creek front camp sites with tent hire also available. For more information on camping at Glenworth Valley click here.
MORE Kayaking Adventure ACTIVITIES
Spend a fabulous day on the water together with family and friends, share in some beautiful scenery and indulge in great food and wine on our popular Wine &
We offer kayak hire from our base at Glenworth Valley on the banks of Popran Creek. Hire a kayak to explore Glenworth Valley’s Popran Creek at your own leisure
We offer Stand-Up Paddleboards for hire from our base at Glenworth Valley on the banks of Popran Creek. Explore Popran Creek on a Stand-Up Paddleboard at your own leisure.