If you’ve ever dreamed of being a Jackeroo or Jillaroo and droving a herd of cattle on horseback then you simply must experience our Glenworth Valley Cattle Drive Ride. This really is a bucket-list experience!
Cattle Drive Ride
- 3.5 hours including lunch (Ride 2+ hours)
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Rider weight restrictions of 105kgs apply
- Tour includes experienced guides & beer & BBQ (please advise of any special dietary requirements at the time of booking)
- Price excludes helmet hire. Helmets are compulsory and can be hired for an additional $5 fee.
- Have Your Own Certified Helmet? Helmets are compulsory for all riders. Present your current Australian Standards approved (AS/NZ 3838) or recognised equivalent horse riding helmet for inspection on the day of your activity. Non expired, AS/NZ certification label must be visible to receive a refund of your helmet hire fee.
- Minimum numbers required
- Note: The 11:00am ride is suitable for intermediate riders only (who have ridden a minimum of 20 times previously). This session is bookable via phone only – please call (02) 4375 1222 to book.
- The earlier 8:30am ride is suitable for riders of all abilities.
Why you’ll love Glenworth Valley’s Cattle Droving Ride
- You’ll work as a team to muster the herd of cattle from one end of Glenworth Valley to the other
- Wind down after your ride with a cold beer and BBQ in the afternoon
- Relax as you’re in safe hands with our experienced horse riding guides.
- No prior riding experience is necessary – our horse riding is suitable for all abilities
- You’ll be assigned one of our 200 horses that is suited to your riding ability
If you’ve ever dreamed of being a Jack or Jillaroo and droving a herd of cattle on horseback then our Cattle Droving Ride is for you.
Put your horse riding skills to the test as you work with your guide and fellow riders to move the herd of cattle through Glenworth Valley’s property on horseback. After your ride you’ll be rewarded with a cold beer and a BBQ to top off a brilliant morning. This ride is one of Glenworth Valley’s most exhilarating horse riding experiences.
Our Cattle Droving Ride is suitable for riders of all abilities from nervous first timer and beginner riders to very experienced riders. With 200 horses for riding, horses are individually assigned to each rider to ensure that riders of all ages and abilities are matched with a horse to suit their needs. Individual instruction is given to all riders prior to departure and throughout the ride.
This ride is a great day out for individuals, couples, small or larger groups and is a great way to meet new and like-minded people who enjoy horse riding and the outdoors.
Bookings are essential.
- For safety and animal welfare, there is a maximum weight limit of 105kg.
- Please be aware that our maximum weight limit may be lower than 105kgs and is subject to variation according to what horses are available for riding on the day of your visit.
- In addition to a rider’s weight, we do also take into account a rider’s height to weight ratio, riding experience, general muscle tone and fitness when assessing whether we have a suitable horse available.
- We are unable to guarantee that a suitable horse will be available on the day of your visit however every effort will be made to provide you with a suitable horse.
- The minimum age for the Cattle Drove is 12 years of age
- Please note that a minimum of 10 participants is required for this tour to proceed.
- However if your group size is fewer than 10 participants we are normally able to operate by combining a number of smaller groups into the tour.
What to wear and bring
- We recommend wearing full length pants. Jodhpurs, moleskins or jeans are ideal.
- Fully enclosed footwear such as riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel is best. If you don’t have these riding boots are available to hire or you can wear runners or sandshoes however they are not recommended. Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread are not permitted.
- For safety reasons backpacks, handbags etc are not permitted to be worn whilst riding.
- Remember to bring sunscreen, insect repellent and a brimmed hat. Sunscreen and insect repellent are available for sale.
Glenworth Valley Terms & Conditions
After your horse riding experience, extend your stay and enjoy a night under the stars by the campfire together with your family and friends. Glenworth Valley offers 200 acres of creek front camp sites with tent hire also available. For more information on camping at Glenworth Valley click here.
MORE Horse Riding Adventure ACTIVITIES
Our guided horse riding is suitable for all abilities. You’ll receive instruction on how to control and manage your horse and our experienced and friendly horse riding guides will
Free-range horse riding is suitable for those who are proficient riders, are confident with their horse and who have ridden at least 50 times previously. The safety of our
Lead pony rides are a great way to introduce children aged 3 to 12 years to horses and to experience the fun of horse riding for themselves. Don’t forget
For a truly unique horse riding experience try our popular Gourmet Picnic Ride to indulge in some great food and wine after a great day of riding.
Glenworth Valley’s horse riding lessons are the ideal way to learn to ride, gain confidence or further your horse riding skills and knowledge. We offer one-on-one assessments and group
Our school holiday horse riding camps teach horse riding skills to children aged 5-17 years and are suitable from beginner to advanced pony club riders. Our camps are loads