Gourmet Picnic Ride
For a truly unique horse riding experience try our popular Gourmet Picnic Ride to indulge in some great food and wine after a great day of riding.
Gourmet Picnic Ride
- Departs on selected Saturdays or Sundays 10.30am – approx. 2.30pm
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Rider weight restrictions of 105kgs apply.
- Tour includes helmets, experienced guides & gourmet picnic lunch and to finish off your day a wine & cheese tasting on our beautiful homestead veranda (please advise of any special dietary requirements at the time of booking)
- Minimum numbers required
Why you’ll love Glenworth Valley’s Gourmet Picnic Ride
- Explore 50km of our private horse riding trails amongst Glenworth Valley’s spectacular wilderness
- Take a break from riding to indulge in a gourmet picnic lunch by the banks of Popran Creek and wind down after your ride with wine & cheese tasting
- Relax as you’re in safe hands with our experienced horse riding guides
- No prior riding experience is necessary – our horse riding is suitable for all abilities
- You’ll be assigned one of our 200 horses that is suited to your riding ability
For a truly unique horse riding experience, enjoy a day of horse riding through spectacular scenery and indulge in a beautiful lunch with wine and cheese tasting on our popular Picnic Rides.
Meet your friendly horse riding guides and get acquainted with your fellow riders at the Glenworth Valley homestead before setting out on horseback to enjoy one of the Valley’s most scenic trails on your way to the spectacular picnic lunch spot. You’ll enjoy a delicious lunch by the banks of Popran Creek, before riding back to the homestead to wind down and indulge in wine and cheese tasting.
Our Gourmet Picnic Ride is suitable for riders of all abilities from nervous first timer and beginner riders to very experienced riders. With 200 horses for riding, horses are individually assigned to each rider to ensure that riders of all ages and abilities are matched with a horse to suit their needs. Individual instruction is given to all riders prior to departure and throughout the ride.
This ride is a great day out for individuals, couples, small or larger groups and is a great way to meet new and like-minded people who enjoy horse riding and the outdoors.
Bookings are essential.
- For safety and animal welfare, there is a maximum weight limit of 105kg.
- Please be aware that our maximum weight limit may be lower than 105kgs and is subject to variation according to what horses are available for riding on the day of your visit.
- In addition to a rider’s weight, we do also take into account a rider’s height to weight ratio, riding experience, general muscle tone and fitness when assessing whether we have a suitable horse available.
- We are unable to guarantee that a suitable horse will be available on the day of your visit however every effort will be made to provide you with a suitable horse.
- The minimum age for the Picnic Ride is 7 years.
- Please note that a minimum of 8 participants is required for this tour to proceed.
- However if your group size is fewer than 8 participants we are normally able to operate by combining a number of smaller groups into the tour.
What to wear and bring
- We recommend wearing full length pants. Jodhpurs, moleskins or jeans are ideal.
- Fully enclosed footwear such as riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel is best. If you don’t have these riding boots are available to hire or you can wear runners or sandshoes however they are not recommended. Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread are not permitted.
- For safety reasons backpacks, handbags etc are not permitted to be worn whilst riding.
- Remember to bring sunscreen, insect repellent and a brimmed hat. Sunscreen, insect repellent, caps and shirts are available for sale.
Glenworth Valley Terms & Conditions
After your horse riding experience, extend your stay and enjoy a night under the stars by the campfire together with your family and friends. Glenworth Valley offers 200 acres of creek front camp sites with tent hire also available. For more information on camping at Glenworth Valley click here.
MORE Horse Riding Adventure ACTIVITIES
Our guided horse riding is suitable for all abilities. You’ll receive instruction on how to control and manage your horse and our experienced and friendly horse riding guides will
Free-range horse riding is suitable for those who are proficient riders, are confident with their horse and who have ridden at least 50 times previously. The safety of our
Lead pony rides are a great way to introduce children aged 3 to 12 years to horses and to experience the fun of horse riding for themselves. Don’t forget
If you’ve ever dreamed of being a Jack or Jillaroo and droving a herd of cattle on horseback then you simply must experience our Glenworth Valley Cattle Drive Ride.
Glenworth Valley’s horse riding lessons are the ideal way to learn to ride, gain confidence or further your horse riding skills and knowledge. We offer one-on-one assessments and group
Our school holiday horse riding camps teach horse riding skills to children aged 5-17 years and are suitable from beginner to advanced pony club riders. Our camps are loads
Due to the very high volume of enquiries that we receive, we request that all initial enquiries are submitted via email. With our horses best interests in mind, all