Lead Pony Rides
Lead pony rides are a great way to introduce children aged 3 to 12 years to horses and to experience the fun of horse riding for themselves. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture your little one’s proud smiles.
Daily for children aged 3 – 12 Years
- 1 hour
- $60 per horse
- Lead Pony rides are self-guided
- 2 accompanying adults required for children aged 3 and 4 years
- 1 accompanying adult required for children aged 5 – 12 years
- 1 horse can be shared between up to 4 children
- Children’s helmets are included in the hire fee
Only our most gentle horses are available for use as a Glenworth Valley lead pony. Our lead pony rides are suitable for children 3 – 12 years of age and are a great way to introduce children to horses and to experience the fun of riding a horse. Once we show you how to look after your lead pony you are free to walk your pony around the pastured river flats adjacent to Popran Creek.
Please note that one adult per horse is required to lead your pony from the ground if all children participating are 5 years and older. For children 4 years and younger, 2 adults are required, 1 adult to lead the horse and the other to walk next to your child/children to ensure their balance on the saddle is maintained. Each lead pony maybe shared between up to 4 children with 1 child allowed on the horse at a time.
Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture your little one’s proud smiles.
Bookings are essential.
- The minimum age for lead pony rides is 3 years.
- Please be advised that all horse rides are subject to availability of a suitable horse.
- For safety and animal welfare, there is a maximum weight limit of 105kg.
- Please be aware that our maximum weight limit may be lower than 105kgs and is subject to variation according to what horses are available for riding on the day of your visit.
- In addition to a rider’s weight, we do also take into account a rider’s height to weight ratio, riding experience, general muscle tone and fitness when assessing whether we have a suitable horse available.
- We are unable to guarantee that a suitable horse will be available on the day of your visit however every effort will be made to provide you with a suitable horse.
What to wear and bring
- We recommend wearing full length pants. Jodhpurs, moleskins or jeans are ideal.
- Fully enclosed footwear such as riding boots or shoes with a flat sole and small heel is best. If you don’t have these riding boots are available to hire or you can wear runners or sandshoes however they are not recommended. Sandals, thongs or large bulky shoes with a heavy tread are not permitted.
- For safety reasons backpacks, handbags etc are not permitted to be worn whilst riding.
- Remember to bring sunscreen, insect repellent and a brimmed hat. Sunscreen and insect repellent are available for sale.
Glenworth Valley Terms & Conditions
After your horse riding experience, extend your stay and enjoy a night under the stars by the campfire together with your family and friends. Glenworth Valley offers 200 acres of creek front camp sites with tent hire also available. For more information on camping at Glenworth Valley click here
MORE Horse Riding Adventure ACTIVITIES
Our guided horse riding is suitable for all abilities. You’ll receive instruction on how to control and manage your horse and our experienced and friendly horse riding guides will
Free-range horse riding is suitable for those who are proficient riders, are confident with their horse and who have ridden at least 50 times previously. The safety of our
For a truly unique horse riding experience try our popular Gourmet Picnic Ride to indulge in some great food and wine after a great day of riding.
If you’ve ever dreamed of being a Jack or Jillaroo and droving a herd of cattle on horseback then you simply must experience our Glenworth Valley Cattle Drive Ride.
Glenworth Valley’s horse riding lessons are the ideal way to learn to ride, gain confidence or further your horse riding skills and knowledge. We offer one-on-one assessments and group
Our school holiday horse riding camps teach horse riding skills to children aged 5-17 years and are suitable from beginner to advanced pony club riders. Our camps are loads
Due to the very high volume of enquiries that we receive, we request that all initial enquiries are submitted via email. With our horses best interests in mind, all